Saturday, October 3, 2009

ANOTHER OUTRAGED LETTER!

3rd October 2009

Account 620056886257

Dear Mr Murdoch
Do employees of Sky communicate purely in the hope that telepathy will suffice? Having been told on Sept 28th by Peter in Glasgow that a letter had been sent on the 25th and that Customer Relations refused to speak to me as they considered my ”case closed”, we phoned again yesterday to complain that no letter had been received. We were then categorically assured by Manesh in Customer Service (who I managed to speak to via a cunning ruse!) that no such letter had been sent and there was nothing on my records to show this. Today, Mr. Baigrie’s letter arrived dated 23rd September!!!! This further demonstrates the inability of Sky to intelligently communicate between departments or with its customers.
Mr Baigrie states in his letter that I have been on Sky Talk since Jan 2007: if so, why did withdrawals from my account ONLY COMMENCE THREE MONTHS AGO????? Why too was the first ever statement from Sky Talk received in September 2009 – (how would I know to go online if I was not aware I was a customer?)?
He says that BT bills show they are my providers but DID NOT LOOK TO SEE THAT THEY HAVE ALSO BEEN CHARGING FOR “TALK ANYTIME” FOR WHICH ITEMISED STATEMENTS ARE NOT PROVIDED! (As I would have thought Sky Talk should be aware …)
BT is equally to blame: in response to a copy of my original letter (attached) I received an ill informed phone call from Mr. Livingstones “assistant” suggesting that if I wanted to move to Sky I should inform BT! (This is certainly the very last recourse on my mind as one would have gathered from my original letter). On my increasingly irate assurances that this was NOT what I wanted, she admitted that BT were obliged to have sent a letter to inform me of the switch over and that she would look into this. Not to my surprise, I have heard nothing more. Neither Sky nor BT have sent me such letters and I am adamant that I have never agreed to switch to SKY Talk.
As a result of my cancelling my DD to SKY you have cut off my Sky Broadband and Sky TV. Boo hoo! I WANT MY MONEY BACK FOR THE LAST THREE MONTHS WHEN YOU SWITCHED MY TELEPHONE ACCOUNT TO SKY TALK WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR MY AGREEMENT AND USED MY DIRECT DEBIT SET UP FOR BROADBAND AND TV TO DEDUCT ADDITIONAL SUMS FOR SKY TELEPHONE CALLS! All this whilst I was paying BT for their Talk Anytime service.
I do not expect to wait for a further 4 weeks to hear from Sky or to be offered your services in lieu of the monies you have dishonestly taken from my account. I shall be posting this letter on the increasingly popular blog Scandal at Sky blog to which I have also directed numerous consumer Facebook groups.
I await your INFORMED response with an offer to repay monies dishonestly removed from my bank account plus compensation for the time taken to look through all bank statements for two years and BT statements for the same period, and consequent phone calls and letters.
Yours Outraged

C.c. Mr. Livingston - CEO BT, Oftel, Sarah Tether MP, BBC Radio 4 Moneybox Live
Attached original letter which contained copies of all BT bills

2 comments:

  1. These people are absolute crooks and it is only People Power that will get them to behave with integrity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally on the same side as you Angry. Sky have cut off my broadband saying that I have 'exceeded my fair usage amount'. I use facebook and watch youtube - I don't download and I do not even use streaming sites. how on earth did we 'exceed' anything?!

    What's more is that sky is still charging us for the service that they have cut us off from.

    Sickening.

    ReplyDelete